Tablets such as the iPad are well on their way to becoming essential tools in classrooms where interactivity and immediate student responses are valued. iPads complement the use of digital whiteboards and engage students in fun and innovative ways.
The CLIL + iPads training or workshop focuses on the characteristics which CLIL and the use of iPads have in common: cooperation, interactivity, engagement and multimodal inputs. I can personalize the workshop to match the specific needs and wishes of your school and staff. Topics can include, but are not limited to, the following:
- How iPad apps can be turned into collaborative CLIL activities;
- How iPads can provide an authentic purpose for reading, writing, speaking, listening,
- being creative, sharing, discovering… etc.;
- A short review of the basic premises of CLIL and how to apply them effectively in the iPad classroom;
- How to create interactive glossaries that help with pronunciation;
- Suggestions for combining iPads with CLIL / EIO assignments;
- Suggestions for enhancing portfolio assignments and class-excursion reports;
The workshop itself will be hands-on and filled with CLIL and iPad activities. Teachers will get ready-to-use ideas for implementation and learn how to use many different apps in a CLIL way. They will also cooperate with each other in creating classroom and cross-curricular lessons.